Weekly Recipe Round-Up: Blueberry Corn Muffins
This week’s favorite post was my Blueberry Corn Muffins. Blueberries are nutrition powerhouses, packed with fiber, Vitamin C, and manganese. These muffins are made with whole wheat pastry flour and cornmeal, a great source of phosphorous and iron, which helps your red blood cells transport oxygen throughout the body.
Whip up a batch today! Yum!
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup medium-grind cornmeal
- 6 tablespoons maple sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1½ cups buttermilk
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, maple sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the buttermilk, oil, maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix to combine.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Line two 12-cup muffin pans and fill each cup 2/3 full with the batter. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until golden and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of a muffin.