Brussels Sprouts & Cauliflower Salad – Weekly Recipe Round-Up
This warm Brussels Sprouts and Cauliflower Salad comes from Portland’s Boke Bowl. A delicious vegetarian side dish or serve over quinoa for a full meal! Enjoy!
**Rotate fruit seasonally, subbing in oranges instead of mango in spring, and using blood orange, ruby grapefruit, or the seeds of half a pomegranate in the colder months.
- ¼ cup Fish Sauce Vinaigrette*
- 1½ lbs brussels sprouts
- 1 lb cauliflower cut into florets
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 mangos peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes**
- 4 oz firm tofu cut into ½-inch cubes
*Fish Sauce Vinaigrette
- ½ cup fish sauce
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 3 limes juiced
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Thai or serrano chile minced
- Whisk vinaigrette ingredients in bowl. Store up to a month in the refrigerator.
- ROAST: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Remove the outer leaves of the brussel sprouts and reserve. Halve brussels sprouts and toss in a bowl with cauliflower florets, olive oil, and salt. Roast cauliflower and brussels sprouts on a sheet pan for 30–40 minutes until golden brown, shaking occasionally for even browning.
- BLANCH: Meanwhile, blanch brussels sprout leaves in a pot of boiling water for 30 seconds. Immediately cool in an ice bath and pat dry.
- COMBINE: Toss brussels sprouts, cauliflower, blanched leaves, citrus, and tofu in a bowl, and dress with 1/4 c. fish sauce vinaigrette.