Greek Burger topped with Greek Salad
Now that it is finally is starting to feel like Spring, get outside, turn on the grill, and try my Greek Burger topped with Greek Salad. It’s protein-packed, low carb, and chock full of flavor, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. My recipe uses ground beef, but feel free to experiment with other animal proteins. Ground turkey and ground lamb both make outstanding Greek Burgers as well!
- 1 small zucchini grated
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¼ cup red onion minced
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Olive oil spray
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 English cucumber diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- ¼ cup red onion sliced thin
- ¼ cup kalamata olives halved
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini, beef, breadcrumbs, garlic, onion, egg, feta, oregano, salt, and pepper. Mix well and make 5 equal patties.
- To grill indoors: Heat a large nonstick grill pan or skillet on high heat. When hot, lightly spray oil. Add burgers to the pan and reduce the heat to medium. Cook on one side ~4-5 minutes, then flip. Cook ~4-5 minutes.
- To grill outdoors: Cook the burgers on medium heat ~5 minutes on each side.
- In a medium bowl whisk the vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper. Add the remaining salad ingredients and mix.
- To serve, place the burger on a dish and top with 1 cup of salad.