Easy Crab Salad with Endive
This easy crab salad with endive is delicious and nutritious!
I LOVE SEAFOOD! Seriously, it’s one of my favorite food groups. Platter of Oysters? Yes please! Shrimp sauteed with anything? Absolutely! Fish, fish, and fish? Definitely. October is National Seafood Month and I am thrilled to take part in the Seafood Nutrition Partnership’s Start with Seafood Recipe Contest.
I love a good shellfish-based salad, so I decided to use crab meat as the base. It’s easy to find canned or packaged crab meat in the seafood area of many grocery stores, but feel free to swap out the crab for shrimp or lobster. For creamy dressings, I prefer to use plain yogurt as the base. Yogurt adds extra protein without the fat often found in a mayo-based dressing and tastes delicious. I add a ton of herbs and some lemon to brighten the whole thing then place spoonfuls into endive and radicchio leaves, and you have a gorgeous, simple, healthy starter!
- 8 ounces lump crab meat
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chives chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil chopped or chiffonade
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 endives can also use radicchio if preferred
- Combine crab, yogurt, mayonnaise, herbs, zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Cut off end of endive. Take individual leaves from endive and place on a board. Fill each leave with one tablespoon of crab mixture. Garnish with additional herbs if desired. Place on a platter and serve!