Instant Pot Artichokes
Artichokes are so delicious, but the task of cooking artichokes may seem scary. Are you nervous or intimidated by artichokes? Fear no more! These Instant Pot Artichokes with Aioli are super easy and delicious. You’ll wonder why you haven’t tried making them before! Go out to the farmer’s market or the grocery store and get some artichokes quick so you can impress your family and guests!
How to Make Instant Pot Artichokes
First, cut the stem of the artichoke off and trim about 1 inch off the tip of the artichokes with kitchen shears. Place cold water and a steamer rack in the Instant Pot pressure cooker. Add the 2 whole artichokes to the steamer rack, close the lid, and pressure cook on high pressure for 8 minutes. These Instant Pot Artichokes are so easy and take less than 15 minutes to make.
All about Artichokes
Artichokes are native to the Mediterranean region. They are low in calories and a good source of potassium, vitamin C, folate, magnesium, and fiber. One artichoke contains nearly 1/4 the Recommended Daily Intake (RDI) of fiber, which keeps you full and supports a healthy gut! They are also one of the most antioxidant-rich of all the vegetables.
You can cook artichokes in a variety of ways. They can be steamed, boiled, roasted, and sautéed. Steaming is a very popular method, and takes about 20-40 minutes, while baking artichokes takes about 40 minutes in a 350 degree F oven. Instant Pot Artichokes are by far the fastest, taking just 8 minutes.
Enjoy your Instant Pot Artichokes by dipping them in aioli or herb butter, putting on top of a pizza, adding them to a pasta dish, or turning them into a sauce!
Brown, MJ (2019, January 16). Top 8 Health Benefits of Artichokes and Artichoke Extract. Retrieved January 22, 2020, from https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/artichoke-benefits
- 2 large artichokes
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs such as chives and/or parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small clove garlic grated
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground pepper
- Cut stem off and trim about 1 inch off the tip of the artichokes with kitchen shears.
- Place 1 cup of cold water and a steamer rack in the Instant Pot pressure cooker. Place 2 whole artichokes on the steamer rack, and close the lid.
- Pressure cook on High Pressure for 8 minutes (using the Manual Button/Pressure Cook + Quick Release).
- While the artichokes are cooking, whisk Aioli ingredients together.
- Serve artichokes with aioli.