Dark Chocolate Bark with Pomegranate
Pomegranate seeds are a great addition to, well, everything. Dark Chocolate Bark with Pomegranate is a simple, elegant dessert that makes a statement as a beautiful homemade holiday gift or the perfect finish to a meal. Pomegranate seeds twinkle like rubies and the sweet/salty combination pops in every bite.
- 9 ounces chocolate of choice broken into 1-inch pieces
- bittersweet chocolate 70% cacao, or
- milk chocolate or
- white chocolate
- 2/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon crystallized ginger optional
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Microwave: Place chocolate in a bowl and microwave on high for 1 minutes. Stir until smooth and melted, heating in additional 10-second increments if necessary.
- Stove: Place one inch of water into a wide saute pan and place on stove. Put chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set it directly in the water. Bring the water to a simmer then turn off the burner and allow the chocolate to melt, stirring occasionally.
- Stir 1/3 cup of pomegranate seeds, ginger, and salt into the chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate mixture onto the baking sheet and spread out to a rectangle. Spread remaining 1/3 cup of pomegranate seeds over the top, pressing gently into the chocolate. Optional: sprinkle ¼ teaspoon of coarser sea salt on top. Place baking sheet into the refrigerator and chill for at least 60 minutes.
- Break the bark carefully into chunks.