Recipes for Recovery: Chicken Salad with Greek Yogurt
This salad is an excellent source of vitamin B12 (cobalamin) from yogurt. Vitamin B12 supports the maintenance of mental function, helps metabolism and supports blood cell formation. In addition, chicken is an excellent source of zinc, which key to the development of new brain cells and is a neurotransmitter responsible for passing signals between brain cells.
- 1/3 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons celery chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 ½ cups cooked chicken can use rotisserie chicken or roasted chicken, shredded or diced
- 2 cups greens baby spinach, mixed greens
- Tuna or Salmon Salad with Greek Yogurt: Substitute two 5-ounce cans of tuna or salmon packed in water for the chicken.
- Egg Salad with Greek Yogurt: Substitute 4 hard-boiled eggs for the chicken.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the yogurt, celery, parsley, chives, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Add in the cooked chicken while still warm. Mix well.
- Serve over greens
Total fat 6g
Saturated fat 1g