Recipes for Recovery: Quinoa Pilaf
This Quinoa Pilaf is super easy, delicious, and an excellent source of protein from quinoa. Quinoa is a wonderful recovery food because it’s an excellent source of protein as well as fiber, phosphorous, magnesium, iron and calcium. It’s also gluten-free and easy to digest.
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon onion diced
- 2/3 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1/8 cup dried cranberries
- 1/8 cup almonds slivered and toasted
- 1/8 cup parsley chopped fine
- In a saucepan, sauté garlic and onion in canola oil.
- Add quinoa and sauté another minute.
- Add stock and bring to a boil. Add ½ of the salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until done.
- Add cranberries and fluff. Season with remaining salt as needed. Garnish with toasted almonds and parsley before serving.
Total fat 4g
Saturated fat 0g