Weekly Recipe Round-Up: Slow Cooker Oatmeal and Red Pepper Paprika Soup with Pistachio
This week’s favorite instagram posts are Slow Cooker Oatmeal and Red Pepper Paprika Soup with Pistachio. Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Oatmeal
• 1 cup steel cut oats
• 1 cup white quinoa or millet
• 1 cup dried fruit, chopped (I like cherries or apricots, but whatever you like)
• 1 tablespoon raw honey
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• ¾ teaspoon salt
• 6 cups water (or 3 cups water and 3 cups apple cider or your favorite nut milk)
• 1 cup mixed nuts, toasted and chopped
1. Combine oats, quinoa, dried fruit, honey, vanilla, salt, and liquid in slow cooker. Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
2. After cooking, stir and portion oatmeal into bowls to serve, refrigerate, or freeze. Garnish with toasted, chopped nuts.
Red Pepper Paprika Soup with Pistachio
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 3 red bell peppers, chopped
• 1 serrano chile, seeded and chopped
• 2 teaspoons paprika
• 1 teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon cardamom
• ¾ cup shelled pistachios
• 3 cups vegetable broth
• 1/3 cup basil, chopped
1. Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, peppers, and chile, saute 4-6 minutes.
2. Add paprika, salt, and cardamom and saute ~1 minute, blooming the spices.
3. Add pistachios and broth, bring to a boil then cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20-25 minutes.
4. Transfer soup to blender and puree until smooth, adding more broth to get consistency you like. Serve garnished with basil.