Weekly Recipe Round-Up: White Turkey Chili
This week’s recipe round-up is White Turkey Chili. This recipe is full of good protein, vegetables, and whole grains with a bit of a kick from green chiles. Coming in less than 400 calories with 10 grams of fiber, this chili is sure to satisfy and keep you full longer. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup onions diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 summer squash zucchini and/or yellow squash
- 1/2 cup bulgar
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 15- ounce cans of cannelini beans drained and rinsed
- 1 4- ounce can green chiles
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- Heat large pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat, add oil then turkey. Cook turkey, breaking apart until no longer pink, ~5 minutes. Add onion, garlic, and squash, and cook, stirring occasionally, ~5 minutes.
- Add bulgar, oregano, cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring, ~1 minute to bloom spices. Add beans and chiles.
- Add 1/2 cup stock and deglaze pot and cook down liquid by half. Add remaining stock, bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook 45 minutes to thicken chili and develop flavors. Serve with a dollop of plain yogurt or sour cream.