Pumpkin Chili with Turkey
Try my Pumpkin Chili with turkey, perfect when you’re cleaning out your pantry on a snowy day or just looking for something hearty, delicious, and nutritious!
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 onions chopped
- 8 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 28 oz can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can pinto beans optional – keep out for paleo
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons chili spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- In a large pot saute the onions and garlic in canola oil for about five minutes.
- Add the ground turkey and break it up with a spatula as it cooks for about five minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, stir and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer without a lid for about 15 minutes.
- Add more chicken broth to thin slightly if desired.