Recipes for Recovery: Honey Mustard Glazed Cod
Honey mustard cod is an easy dinner to get on the table any day of the week! Pair with your favorite vegetables and whole grains for a full meal in minutes.
Health Benefits of Honey Mustard Cod
This honey mustard cod supplies a great source of omega-3 fatty acids from fish. Regular consumption of Omega-3’s (2+ servings per week) may reduce risk of coronary heart disease and supports maintenance of eye health and mental function. Furthermore, research has shown that consumption of omega-3s from fish is associated with a decrease in depression, aggression, and improvement in mental function.
- 1 pound fresh cod
- Pinch salt
- Pinch pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 ¼ ounce/32g honey mustard glaze
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 ½ teaspoon/12g horseradish
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp chives fresh chopped
- 1 tsp dill fresh chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Portion cod into four even pieces. Pat dry and season with salt and pepper
- Place cod on a baking dish coated with cooking spray to prevent fish from sticking to pan.
- Drizzle each piece of fish with 2 tsp of glaze. Bake 15 minutes and then broil the last minute of cooking.
- Directions for Glaze: Combine honey, Dijon mustard, horseradish, pepper, chives, and dill.
Total fat 1g
Saturated fat 0g